• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Willis

Willis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

I would like to see (div) displayed to the right of the marriage date if the couple is now divorced (and a divorce record has been created for them)

#2 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

In all screens, views, reports, etc where it appears or only in certain ones?

#3 Willis

Willis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Where I would use it most is on the "Family" screen. But it would be nice to have it on all screens/reports/lists that showed marriage info too so you would know that the person has been divorced.

#4 bienia

bienia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

What about Annulment or Separation or Divorce Filed? These also signal the end of the marriage.
-----------
Bill Bienia

RootsMagic Tips sheets: www.CobblestoneLegacies.com/resources.htm

#5 Willis

Willis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

That might be nice too. Where I use the divorce is when the person appears to be young enough that they could have remarried. In the case of a female, they probably didn't take their maiden name back if they had children; therefore, they were married under their previous husband's surname.

#6 jonczar

jonczar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:50 AM

That might be nice too. Where I use the divorce is when the person appears to be young enough that they could have remarried. In the case of a female, they probably didn't take their maiden name back if they had children; therefore, they were married under their previous husband's surname.

Even to add these as an view option would help.
Although I question if first spouse is unknown, how to mark that. They might be deceased.
Some indication of previous relationship ???

Jon