24 replies to this topic

#21 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

TomH, sounds good. Perhaps we can have a separate discussion page for each table. I'll try to post one or more a day as a starting point, and people can contribute from there. Do you think separating each query into a separate discussion page might also be of value?

I'll be trying to join via OpenID now . . .

#22 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

I just added a Table Definitions page (rather than a discussion) and will return a bit later to begin to flesh out some of the tables and fields. I'm wondering if I can create separate pages for each subtable, with hyperlinks from the main page to the others. If doable, that process could also be considered for the existing RM4 Queries page.

I'm not certain what the best process would be for items such as these, so any comments before I get started are welcome.

#23 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

I'll try to post one or more a day as a starting point, and people can contribute from there.

TomH, I've been away the past day-and-a-half, but it looks as though you've already begun (ChildTable and EventTable). Rather than get in the way, I'm more than happy for you to take the lead, and I and others can instead go ahead and suggest any changes to your table contributions after you've made them.

The more people that help collaborate, hopefully the more accurate the resulting information.

#24 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

TomH, I've been away the past day-and-a-half, but it looks as though you've already begun (ChildTable and EventTable). Rather than get in the way, I'm more than happy for you to take the lead, and I and others can instead go ahead and suggest any changes to your table contributions after you've made them.

The more people that help collaborate, hopefully the more accurate the resulting information.

I was only intending to set a pattern, building on tcloud's initial work, and expecting that the set of db tables could be divided up amongst us for documentation. Having them in a consolidated spreadsheet facilitates checking for common field names and possible common definitions.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#25 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Actually, some of the places in PlaceList seem to have been built-in, but I'm not sure that they were intended to be so due to the limited number of entries.

I just returned to look at the pre-defined places and quickly discovered that they were the LDS temple locations. I'd at first just noticed a number of random cities, but had I looked more closely, would've discovered what they represented.