4 replies to this topic

#1 valleygirl

valleygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

Can anyone help with this problem???
When I export a Narrative Reporrt each person has a " they have reference # _____. Does anyone know how to get rid of these numbers as i don't really want them in the report?????

Thanks
Valleygirl :D

#2 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

vg, go to Lists > Fact Type List, and double click on Reference No. Check the "Include when" boxes as appropriate. You'll want to uncheck "Narrative reports" at the very least.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6443 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

When you open the Edit Person screen on one of these persons, do you see a Fact named "Ref#"? If so, then you should see something in the Details column matching that in the Description field. If your report shows a series of underlines "_____" as you posted, then you should see them in these two spaces. That means this Fact with underlines as the value has been deliberately entered for this person. An alternative to Romer's suggestion is to delete the Fact from each person. Because it is a built-in Fact, it cannot be deleted from the database globally. Globally searching and replacing the underlines with Null will not eliminate the sentence ahead of the null value.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 valleygirl

valleygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

Can anyone help with this problem???
When I export a Narrative Reporrt each person has a " they have reference # _____. Does anyone know how to get rid of these numbers as i don't really want them in the report?????

Thanks
Valleygirl :D

#5 valleygirl

valleygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

Thank you to all that solved the problem I appreciate your help

Valleygirl