• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TracyS

TracyS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

I've been using a free trial of ancestry.com, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the information I've found into RootsMagic. I have version 3.2.2, but would happily upgrade to 4 if I can get this resolved. Do I have to pay for a subscription at ancestry to keep the info, or get family tree maker and then convert it?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3493 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

I've been using a free trial of ancestry.com, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the information I've found into RootsMagic. I have version 3.2.2, but would happily upgrade to 4 if I can get this resolved. Do I have to pay for a subscription at ancestry to keep the info, or get family tree maker and then convert it?

RootsMagic -does not- import anything directly from Ancestry (only Family Tree Maker does).
If you find a GEDCOM to download, that can be imported separately from your online time.
All other data you find while searching/browsing Ancestry.com -must- be typed in by you. ;)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N