47 replies to this topic

#41 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

It seems that 'Cell Type:' 'Field' is not available, only 'Text'.

If your focus (highlight) was on the Header line, Text is the only option because it is asking you to enter names (text) for each column.
The next line down (Row 1) when highlighted, makes the Field option available and a dropdown arrow beside the <select field> block offers an alphabetical list of all possibilities. Each Row block under each Column can contain different fields as chosen from the <select field> block dropdowns. The options icons can be clicked to insert more Rows, Columns and align the data within them. Play with that and you'll get the hang of it ;)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#42 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Well said! I have also suggested that such a list be developed.

Below are my tickets which I have just had emailed, a lot of them are technically CLOSED now and have just not been updated as such by RM. I cannot understand some users saying that NONE of their support tickets have had any action and I do not believe just posting problems or complaining on the Issues Forum gets the required response.

Go to the Support Ticket page and request a list of your tickets to your registered email address to see what is happening on them.

[Open] - Source Film/Volume/Page Number field lost on Merge
[Open] - No path to resolve Parent issues from Problem List
[Open] - Duplicate Fact Types and cannot merge Facts
[Open] - Record number not showing alongside individual in Duplicate Records window
[CLOSED] - Online Mapping window size not remembered
[Open] - To-Do Items window screen position not remembered
[CLOSED] - Place Detals geocoding lost on gedcom transfer
[Open] - Problem of duplicate parents when they are not duplicate individuals
[CLOSED] - Double clicking event in RM Explorer doe not allow Edit of that Fact
[Open] - Column size on People Screen not remembered or autosized
[Closed] - Edit Family Button missing from Problem List

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

Procrastinate (verb) - delay or postpone action; put off doing something.

"Named groups are currently static. We will be addressing dynamic groups (for lack of a better name) down the road a bit...

We are having to temporarily remove some functionality that isn’t ready yet in order to get the program out like everyone is clamoring for" - Bruce Buzbee October 5, 2008

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#43 MikeZ

MikeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

...I cannot understand some users saying that NONE of their support tickets have had any action...

Perhaps a visit to this Ticket Number (3D7-1160D7DB-659D) will explain why I have said my ticket has had no action. It's still listed as waiting for reply (as of 3/28/09).

I don't make this stuff up... ;)

User since Family Origins 2.0, Now using RM 7.5...

#44 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Perhaps a visit to this Ticket Number (3D7-1160D7DB-659D) will explain why I have said my ticket has had no action. It's still listed as waiting for reply (as of 3/28/09).

Of course, no one, but you, can see that ticket ;)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#45 MikeZ

MikeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

Of course, no one, but you, can see that ticket ;)

I did not know that. So anyone wishing to see a screen image capture of that ticket send me a PM with an email address. I'm more than willing to share it.

User since Family Origins 2.0, Now using RM 7.5...

#46 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

I had some Tickets still showing "Waiting for a reply" when there wasn't a new request for information from me or "Open", but the bugs had been fixed when I checked for them again.

So, I closed the Tickets myself.

I don't care what the Ticket says if the bug is fixed [or the wish is implemented] :)

Laura

#47 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

I wasn't suggesting you did!, simply that my experience with support tickets has not shown that. I have found it a little protracted sometimes to get the true meaning of the request past the level 1 screening stage but once I did then my tickets did get action.

We could easily build a list of OPEN tickets by posting them on the forum and someone editing the first post to maintain a Master List. What I worry about is issues being posted on the Issues Forum and there not actually being a Support Ticket raised, everyone sitting assuming it is recorded and RM are working on it when really nothing is happening. <_<

Edit - MikeZ, I would raise your ticket again in case it has slipped through the cracks somehow, March was a busy time !

"Named groups are currently static. We will be addressing dynamic groups (for lack of a better name) down the road a bit...

We are having to temporarily remove some functionality that isn’t ready yet in order to get the program out like everyone is clamoring for" - Bruce Buzbee October 5, 2008

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Root

#48 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

So, I closed the Tickets myself.

I never thought about closing the tickets myself, but have done so now on several and amended my original post, I'm still checking on some of the others.

Thanks Laura, I'm sure the folk at RM have enough to do so I don't mind keeping my end tidy ;)

Root