23 replies to this topic

#21 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3434 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Thanks MUCH. I will check out the new features explanation. I have been wondering, quite honestly, what the differences between FO8 and RM3 or RM4 really are.

From July 2008, Bruce and Michael started revealing the new features through the blog, if you click on each months archive then each subject you will get a much better idea of the possibilities if RM4.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#22 isis

isis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Has anyone managed to fix the slow merge issues?

From July 2008, Bruce and Michael started revealing the new features through the blog, if you click on each months archive then each subject you will get a much better idea of the possibilities if RM4.

#23 Brenda Hare

Brenda Hare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Has anyone managed to fix the slow merge issues?

If you get a response, I will be anxious to hear what it is.

#24 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

isis, I didn't see any previous posts in this thread about merging issues to use as a point of reference. Any details about what you're encountering would be helpful.

In which merge are you encountering problems? Is it for person, place, other? If a person merge, which one -- Automatic (Smart, Share, Source, Repository), Duplicate Search, Manual? Does the problem happen when the program tries to merge or just when it comes up with possible entities to merge, if applicable, etc?

Anything that you can provide might help others experiencing similar or different problems to weigh in with what they're encountering, as well as the developers to hone in on any possible causes or solutions.