6 replies to this topic

#1 franjane

franjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

Is the Family Search Feature on RootsMagic 4 ready for use. If so, how do I gain access? I note that there is a tutorial available. Should I download it and view it. The feature sounds wonderful.

Fran

#2 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:58 AM

Is the Family Search Feature on RootsMagic 4 ready for use. If so, how do I gain access? I note that there is a tutorial available. Should I download it and view it. The feature sounds wonderful.

New FamilySearch is currently in a phased rollout. Some people have access, some don't (including many LDS members). RM4's FamilySearch features work for those who have access (and doesn't for those who don't). As people get access to New FamilySearch, RM4 will be ready for them.
RootsMagician

#3 nnebeel

nnebeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

New FamilySearch is currently in a phased rollout. Some people have access, some don't (including many LDS members). RM4's FamilySearch features work for those who have access (and doesn't for those who don't). As people get access to New FamilySearch, RM4 will be ready for them.

RootsMagician,
I have been using nFS for a while now, but have stopped because of a major glitch that might call into question whether the nFS interfacing feature is

... ready for use.

See Major NFS Problem in the issues forum board.

#4 nnebeel

nnebeel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

RootsMagician,
I have been using nFS with RM4 for a while now, but have stopped because of a major glitch that might call into question whether the nFS interfacing feature is
See Major NFS Problem in the issues forum board.

#5 learning

learning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

My area has recently been switched to the new family search program, but I can't remember how to use it in conjunction with RM4. I noted mention of a tutorial in one of the other posts. I have looked everywhere I can think of, and can't find it. How do I access it? Does anyone know when the instruction book will be out?

#6 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

Try the nFS tutorials here:

http://www.rootsmagic.com/fs/

I'm sure that Help within RM4, itself, should also provide some background.

As to the RM4 book, I believe that it is now in the printer's hands and is expected to be out within the next month or so.

#7 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

My area has recently been switched to the new family search program, but I can't remember how to use it in conjunction with RM4. I noted mention of a tutorial in one of the other posts. I have looked everywhere I can think of, and can't find it. How do I access it? Does anyone know when the instruction book will be out?

http://www.rootsmagi...dpost__p__28201

http://blog.rootsmag...=1#comment-6331

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N