31 replies to this topic

#21 MikeZ

MikeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

And if that wasn't enough, now the Text Color icon does not work...

Now it does, earlier it did not... :blink:

I also got an email notification of a new post to this topic. That makes "one in a row"... ;)

User since Family Origins 2.0, Now using RM 7.5...

#22 Totnor

Totnor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

Am I imagining it - but is the text now smaller ? I seem to be finding it harder to read.

Also - the continual use of "gray" text rather than black so it makes it even harder!

I have noticed that newspaper tend to stick with black ink pn white paper as it makes it easier!

MVS

Yes, at first the text was smaller and less clear. However, I used the zoom button (on Mozilla browser) and the bigger font has continued every time I have opened the forums since.

#23 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

I'm signed up to get email notices when new topics are posted. In the old forum when I clicked the "Track this Topic" link, I was taken to a page that said:

"Your subscription has been added
Please wait while we transfer you... "

Then I just waited a moment until being taken to the topic.

In this new forum, when I choose to track a topic by clicking the link in this email message . . .

"Please note that if you wish to get email notification of any replies to this topic, you will have to click on the
"Track this Topic" link shown on the topic page, or by visiting the link below:
"

. . . the page goes to notification options where the following is already selected:
Delayed Email Notification This option will send out a notification if a reply has been made and you're not active on the board.

I would like the default to be this option:
Immediate Email Notification This option will send out a notification immediately after a reply has been made, regardless of your activity.

Also new is that I have to click the "Proceed button" (another extra step). Until finally, I see this message:
"Your subscription has been added
Please wait while we transfer you...
"

Is there a way to shorten the steps and change the default email notification option?

I didn't get an answer to my question. Does that mean no one knows?
The IP Board has a forum, so maybe I'll ask over there: http://forums.invisi...m/311-ip-board/

Or would I copy/paste my post to the RootsMagic Wish List?

EDITED: I can't even read the posts at the IP Board forum because I'm not a customer. The message says, "Topics in this forum can only be read by current IPS customers. If you are a current IPS customer and are seeing this message, please be sure to login to the forum with the same email and password that you use for the client area. "

Looks like the RootsMagician will have to check into it.

Edited by mapleleaf, 10 August 2009 - 12:10 AM.

~ Debbie

#24 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hi all.
I didn't have a problem unti I came back from vacation and was trying to “catch up”. One post by Laura caught my eye; but when I tried to reply, I got the "Register or Log on" message. Then it took me two or three times asking for a new password before I got the hang of it. I use ShortKeys©® replacement key program for a lot of things and I have a SK file entitled Famtree.shk. I've added “/rmlg” which when typed into the user ID field replaces those characters with the ID, tabs to the PW field and enters that, then tabs to and presses the sign in button."/clrb" enters "[color=#]<ARROW LEFT>" then I press the END button after entering the color code from a document I created.

Cheers, Glenn

Edited: I guess I need to find one of my last messages, so I can recreate my "sign off spiel". I know I should be able to "search for something", but what eludes me at the moment!

Silly me! The very subject is/was in the next message I would read!

However, my "sign off spiel" seems to have been lost when all the messages were converted to this new format! I do like it -- just takes a little time to learn/use it.

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn

#25 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

Silly question, but how do you log off the new forum? When I got back to the forum today, my login from yesterday was still active.

Windows 2000, Service Pack 4

#26 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Silly question, but how do you log off the new forum? When I got back to the forum today, my login from yesterday was still active.

Windows 2000, Service Pack 4

There is a clickable link labeled SIGN OUT in the upper right corner of your browser page (beneath your username)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#27 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

There is a clickable link labeled SIGN OUT in the upper right corner of your browser page (beneath your username)

If I hover on My Settings, it also shows Sign Out. But it is not an icon that I can click.

#28 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

John, what browser are you using? I'm wondering if it might not be rendering the page as intended.

#29 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

OK, another silly question?
Why would anyone want to log off?
I have never done it, I use this site as my home page. After reading the new postings and answering any I want to, I just browse to another website, never logginf off, that way I don't have to log on when I come back.

Maybe I am missing something, but I can see no need to log off.

As long as I am on this thread: Is this new forum is just about twice as slow, or does it just seem to take twice as long to load a page as the old one did?
I think it is all part of the economic stimulus thingie, trying to get some more of my money back into circulation with a high speed internet contract. <_<
Alfred

#30 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

"Why would anyone want to log off?"
At most my sites, I usually don't log off because I go to too many sites to remember user names and passwords in spite of keeping a list. Plus, each site seems to have a different protocol for creating UN's and PW's. Also, in some cases, even if I don't log off, the site automatically logs off when I go to another site. I do, however, log off of any money sites -- banking, investments, etc.

Cheers,
Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn

#31 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

If I hover on My Settings, it also shows Sign Out. But it is not an icon that I can click.

My browsers show both the SIGN OUT and HELP links underlined and located just below my username at top right corner. They are text links only. There are no icons in the menu,

In order for me to even see the MY SETTINGS choice, I have to click on the downarrow beside my name to dropdown a menu and when I do hover, I see a yellow tooltip that opens up and reads as follows:

"Edit my settings, such as signature, avatar and more ..."

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#32 MikeZ

MikeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

OK, another silly question? Why would anyone want to log off? ...Maybe I am missing something, but I can see no need to log off.

One very good reason to log off is if one accesses a site from a computer that may not be their own - such as at a public library.

For Glenn. I used to have a problem with managing multiple website access until I found RoboForm. It has a small learning curve but it's well worth it. Now, after the first login, RoboForm recognizes the site, and automatically enters my logon info. :)

User since Family Origins 2.0, Now using RM 7.5...