2 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

There are a couple of issues that snag me daily that I would like to see resolved. I am sure there are others I have not noticed but I would not like these to be forgotten.

1. Please return the Edit Family button to Problem List so I can resolve Family related problems.

2. Please have the columns on the People screen "auto size" or at least remember their size from the last session.

3. Please return the functionality of being able to double click a fact on RM Explorer and go directly to Edit that fact. At present after using find on a fact I have to click Edit and reselct the fact to Edit it. A return to the RM3 functionality would be most welcome.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Laurie Nelson

Laurie Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

There are a couple of issues that snag me daily that I would like to see resolved. I am sure there are others I have not noticed but I would not like these to be forgotten.

1. Please return the Edit Family button to Problem List so I can resolve Family related problems.

2. Please have the columns on the People screen "auto size" or at least remember their size from the last session.

3. Please return the functionality of being able to double click a fact on RM Explorer and go directly to Edit that fact. At present after using find on a fact I have to click Edit and reselct the fact to Edit it. A return to the RM3 functionality would be most welcome.

Vyger, I suggest that you go to the RM tech support site and add a ticket for each of these problems. Otherwise, they might not see your request and fix the problems--unless someone else has already requested a fix. Unfortunately there's no way to find out if someone has.

Last night I checked on one of my tickets and found that it had been closed. When I asked Bruce (he happened to be monitoring the mail list) if it was closed because it was fixed, he said no, it was closed because they couldn't duplicate the problem. Lots of people discussed the problem extensively on the mail list but none of us could figure out the cause. I was very disappointed to find that the ticket was closed without notifying me or resolving the bug.
Laurie Nelson

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:46 AM

Vyger, I suggest that you go to the RM tech support site and add a ticket for each of these problems. Otherwise, they might not see your request and fix the problems--unless someone else has already requested a fix. Unfortunately there's no way to find out if someone has.

Good advice, Laurie and now done - Thx

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root