• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wardie

wardie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

A little niggle is that when I entered all my source/notes/media information (to one individual) all in one session it seemed that only some of it had been saved.
I think that closing the current window (Notes) that I was working on and opening another (Sources) and then the (Media) window caused all the text within the (Notes) window and (Sources) window to be lost. I only had the last window's information saved.

I now save these individually and close ALL windows to get back to my starting person before selecting a new button (Notes), (Sources), (Media)

I am new to Roots Magic so it could be finger trouble at my end but I was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem.

Wardie

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:32 AM

Are you entering the notes, sources and multimedia items for the individual, family or a fact?

You may be adding them in a place where you are not looking for them later.
Alfred

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

How are you closing a screen?

Clicking the OK button on any screen saves the entry.

Clicking on the red X or the Cancel button does not save the entry.

In addition, on the Edit person screen there is a Save button when entering the fact date, place, place detail, and description.

Entrys on the main screen are also saved when the Edit person screen is closed with the Close button.

Laura

#4 wardie

wardie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(Laura @ Jul 19 2009, 01:26 AM) View Post

How are you closing a screen?

Clicking the OK button on any screen saves the entry.

Clicking on the red X or the Cancel button does not save the entry.

In addition, on the Edit person screen there is a Save button when entering the fact date, place, place detail, and description.

Entrys on the main screen are also saved when the Edit person screen is closed with the Close button.

Laura