• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

Wow, I haven't been to this board for a while, and I am so frustrated with the new version that I think I need and anger management class! I want to export a gedcom file via e-mail to a cousin who has a different program. Can't figure out how to do it! Please help. Thanks, Linda

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

You do not exxport a GEDCOM file via email, you export a GEDCOM and send it via email.

Go to the Files menu,
Select "Export GEDCOM file.
Choose whether you want to export everyone, or if you want to select the people to export.
-- If you choose to select people, you art taken to a window, much like the RootsMagic Explorer window where you can highlight a person, then select his descencants, ancestors, tree or hatever, and then select or deselect some more.
OK and you are back to the GEDCOM export window. Choose the options, including, if you want to "Privatize" the GEDCOM or not.

Click the "Export" button and you are given the opportunity to give the file a name and select the folder to store it in.

__ DON’T do like me and forget where you put things!

Write an email to your cousin and choose to “Attach” a file to it. Locate the GEDCOM file you just saved and attach it to your email and post it.

(Different email programs handle attachments differently, I have Microsoft Outlook Express, and here I just click on the paperclip and find and double click on the file I want attached.)

Alfred