• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mccray

Mccray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hello. After updating information on multiple children of a pair of parents in family view, eventually when I click to open up one of the children it opens up the edit box for one of the parents. I have to restart the program to relieve this issue temporarily.

#2 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

Are you using the latest version of RootsMagic 4?

Do you have the same problem as this?:
http://www.rootsmagi...?showtopic=6546
~ Debbie

#3 Mccray

Mccray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(mapleleaf @ Jun 19 2009, 02:05 AM) View Post

Are you using the latest version of RootsMagic 4?

Do you have the same problem as this?:
http://www.rootsmagi...?showtopic=6546

Yes, that is the same problem. Guess I didn't look hard enough when I was searching.

Yes, I'm using 4.0.2.1. Was this problem supposed to be fixed in the latest patch?

Chris

#4 Laurie Nelson

Laurie Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

"Yes, I'm using 4.0.2.1. Was this problem supposed to be fixed in the latest patch?"

Chris, we discussed this problem extensively in the mail list a few weeks ago, with Bruce trying to pin down exactly what causes this to happen. Some people reported that it happened only after they had been adding or editing data for a while. However, this happened to me recently when I had just begun working in my database.

Bruce still doesn't know what causes the problem, so he can't fix it.

For this and many other reasons, I've gone back to RM3. I'm afraid I might have changed one or two people's information before I realized it--especially when the father and child have the same name and I have few dates on them or other information to differentiate them. So far I have no clue who they might be.
Laurie Nelson