#1 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3593 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

I wish for the following.

1. Inclusion of a Word Wrap feature that is equivalent to the Word Wrap feature from RM3.

2. The ability to paste formatted text (e.g., bold and italics) into RM4 notes and also into text in source citations. This worked fine in RM3.

3. The ability to go straight from the Note Editor to Sources with Alt-S as you could do in RM3. If not Alt-S, please provide some other hot key with the same functionality. And similarly, the ability to go from entering sources to jump straight back to the Note Editor with Alt-N as you could do in RM3.

4. A "classic mode" for Find, Replace, Repeat Find, and Repeat Replace like in RM3 where the Find or Replace Dialog box would disappear after a successful Find or Replace, and where there would be a hot key (or at least a clickable icon like in RM3) to execute a Repeat Find or a Repeat Replace. Some users might prefer the "new mode", so this would probably need to be a settable program option that wouldn't have to be set again each time RM4 is started.

5. Clicking OK or typing Alt-O to exit the Note Editor would not set the Date Last Edited field for the person to the current date unless the note being edited had actually been changed.

Jerry Bryan

#2 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

Those are on my wish list, also.

Especially #3, there should be an easier way to get from notes to sources and visa versa. I didn't know about the Alt shortcuts in RM3, but it used to be easy enough to click between the two tabs in the Edit Fact screen.

~ Debbie

#3 Laurie Nelson

Laurie Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(mapleleaf @ Jun 16 2009, 10:12 AM) View Post

Especially #3, there should be an easier way to get from notes to sources and visa versa. I didn't know about the Alt shortcuts in RM3, but it used to be easy enough to click between the two tabs in the Edit Fact screen.

#3 is one of the reasons I went back to using RM3. It takes too long to enter and edit data without this capability.

Laurie
Laurie Nelson