• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diephaus

diephaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

When I add a picture from the "DISK", RM assumes it is in "My Pictures" folder --- always. I would like for RM to remember the last place I found a picture to add. Might be an external hard drive. Once in the Gallery, it's not a problem. Ed

#2 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

diephaus, are you saying that you want to have the option to choose between the Multimedia files default folder under Tools > Program Options > Folders and the last opened folder?

I'm guessing that you're using Windows XP, but if I leave that default folder blank, the Documents folder opens when I click on the Add new media button in Media Gallery under Vista.

#3 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Thank you Romer...I didnt know about that! That will make it so much easier! There is still alot I dont know about this program and cant wait for the book to come out.

#4 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

diephaus
Thanks for asking.
Romer
Thanks for the reply. I only have four more broken links to fix and won't (?) have to finish them the hard way:
Copy the path shown in the right hand panel of the gallery and paste to word document.
Use MS search for the last portion which was readily identifiable as the file name (including the extension).
Go to the individual to double check.
Back to the gallery to add new.
Found instructions for "Search & Replace" which made it simpler.
Looks like this may make it even easier.

Thanks, again.

Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn