This was discussed a lot in the rootsweb mail list, and others reported that this happened only after they had been editing in RM 22.214.171.124 for a while.
I installed RM 126.96.36.199 today and tried it again. This time it happened a couple of minutes after I opened RM.
Here's what happened.
1. I opened RM 188.8.131.52. Family View was displayed (the view I almost always use).
2. I used RM Explorer to look at the information for several people.
3. Then chose one individual.
4. In Family View clicked on his father and clicked the right arrow to display the father's family. Father is highlighted in blue.
5. Clicked on another child in the family (not the one in step 3).
6. The child is highlighted (blue highlight) but the father has a gray highlight. There should be no highlight.
7. Pressed Enter to display the child's Edit Person dialog.
8. Instead the father's Edit Person dialog is displayed.
Bruce has been working with us to try to figure out why this is happening; some report that it doesn't happen to them. But it can be very frustrating when you realize you've been editing the wrong person. So be warned that this could happen.
Choosing Child Opens Father's Edit Screen
No replies to this topic