• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kellyosu73

kellyosu73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:59 AM

Trying to use RM4 family search. popup box says I have to log in. I have family search log in, but it says I need "new family search" and in order to get that, I have to be a member of the church. So, is the family search capabilities for me and many others just an option we can't use?

#2 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(kellyosu73 @ Apr 24 2009, 07:59 AM) View Post

Trying to use RM4 family search. popup box says I have to log in. I have family search log in, but it says I need "new family search" and in order to get that, I have to be a member of the church. So, is the family search capabilities for me and many others just an option we can't use?

This is from a post by Alfred

Look in the RootsMagic 4 Help menu.Search for Family Search choose it from the list.In part it says:
Currently, New FamilySearch is a work-in-progress and is not available to the general public. It is first being slowly introduced to members of the LDS Church by geographic region. Access to others is expected to be available as the system grows and matures.More information and video tutorials on using RootsMagic with New FamilySearch are available online at www.RootsMagic.com/fs

In other words, Family Search isn't fully implemented by the Family Search people yet.
JohnG

#3 MVS

MVS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:36 AM

I think this indicates where the development priorities are not to everyones taste. I guess I am not alone in finding links to shared data not very rewarding (due to many inaccuracies and the like).

It is a pity this side of the new release was a priority and that the work has been to the detriment of other features (incliuding a number of long standing requests on the RM3 forums) as well as the unfinished business (perhaps unstarted would be closer) of reporting improvements.

#4 niksnet

niksnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(kellyosu73 @ Apr 24 2009, 05:59 AM) View Post

#5 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(RootsMagician @ Apr 27 2009, 09:44 AM) View Post

Alfred