• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rogerroot

rogerroot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

I just installed RM4 from the supplied CD and it came up with a database. RM4 did not ask me where the database was located. Did it pick up the database from the trial RM4 or from the RM2 (which is my master db)?

I probably should have deleted my trial copy of RM4. Or I should have deleted all RM4 databases as we did in the beta test.
Roger Root

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

When you installed the program from the disk, the XML file from the trial version was still there with all of the program options, one of which was telling RootsMagic to open the last database used. So it did.

There is no problem because the file structure is still the same. If it was only a demonstration database, just use the File menu and Delete to get rid of it.
Alfred

#3 jonczar

jonczar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

When you installed the program from the disk, the XML file from the trial version was still there with all of the program options, one of which was telling RootsMagic to open the last database used. So it did.

There is no problem because the file structure is still the same. If it was only a demonstration database, just use the File menu and Delete to get rid of it.

After you delete the demo database; close RootsMagic.
Now click on your new database to open it the first time. After that using the RootsMagic icon will open what you want.
This step is necessary to keep RM from getting lost on where the database you want is located.

Jon