8 replies to this topic

#1 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

RootsMagic 4 seems to have stepped backwards with the address features. In RootsMagic 3, when I view the Address tab in the Edit Person screen, I can see at a glance everything that is entered (address, email, phone numbers, notes, etc).

In RM4, in the edit person screen, after I click the Address button, I can see only the name and address. I have other information entered in the phone, email address, notes, etc, fields, but can only see them when I click "edit address."

Please bring back the ability to see at a glance all the info in the Address fields.

~ Debbie

#2 BarryEvans

BarryEvans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

Here here

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3434 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE(mapleleaf @ Apr 13 2009, 08:26 PM) View Post

RootsMagic 4 seems to have stepped backwards with the address features. In RootsMagic 3, when I view the Address tab in the Edit Person screen, I can see at a glance everything that is entered (address, email, phone numbers, notes, etc).

In RM4, in the edit person screen, after I click the Address button, I can see only the name and address. I have other information entered in the phone, email address, notes, etc, fields, but can only see them when I click "edit address."

Please bring back the ability to see at a glance all the info in the Address fields.

Debbie, there are a lot of sub windows in RM4 which while they allow resizing they do not remember the resize (user preference) on the next session and this has been well reported. However this window which I had missed does not even allow resize!

Obviously if it did you could have is sized to your own preference to suit your own needs and screen dimensions therefore overcoming the problem. I would expect all these small snags will be overcome in 4.1 but it's still best to report them, I don't use this a lot so missed the fact it did not allow resize.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Vyger @ Apr 14 2009, 06:24 AM) View Post

Obviously if it did you could have is sized to your own preference to suit your own needs and screen dimensions therefore overcoming the problem.

So you're saying *if* I could resize the Addresses window, that I could see everything entered there?

Yes, that will be nice when the snags are worked out.
~ Debbie

#5 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

In the latest update:

"Added phone and email to address form display"

Thanks for that, but I still can't see at a glance whether other stuff is entered in the notes section, website URL, other phone numbers, all fields of the address, etc.

There's a scroll bar there that's not being utilized.

~ Debbie

#6 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3434 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(mapleleaf @ May 28 2009, 06:32 PM) View Post

In the latest update:

"Added phone and email to address form display"

Thanks for that, but I still can't see at a glance whether other stuff is entered in the notes section, website URL, other phone numbers, all fields of the address, etc.

There's a scroll bar there that's not being utilized.

Debbie I just tried this and with the window enlarged I can see all fields including notes, email url, and the window size preference is now remembered on the next session - thx Bruce

If I size the window down smaller the scroll bar then appears - are you using the latest update? unsure.gif

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Root

#7 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Vyger @ May 28 2009, 02:38 PM) View Post

Debbie I just tried this and with the window enlarged I can see all fields including notes, email url, and the window size preference is now remembered on the next session - thx Bruce

If I size the window down smaller the scroll bar then appears - are you using the latest update? unsure.gif

OK! I can see this information when I scroll through the address list.

But I cannot see it all from the edit person address button. (And the address window will not enlarge or resize either.)
Alfred

#8 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Alfred @ May 28 2009, 05:24 PM) View Post

OK! I can see this information when I scroll through the address list.

But I cannot see it all from the edit person address button. (And the address window will not enlarge or resize either.)

Yes, that's the screen I'm looking at. There's no way to maximize it.
~ Debbie

#9 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3434 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(mapleleaf @ May 29 2009, 12:05 AM) View Post

Yes, that's the screen I'm looking at. There's no way to maximize it.

Ahh, now I see. That must be another one for Bruces list

Sorry for the earlier confusion Debbie, I was on Lists > Address List which has now be improved.

Root