6 replies to this topic

#1 franjane

franjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:22 AM

When I make a sharable CD and run it, I am having problems with the media function. When I click on media for an individual or media gallery I get the media box with no thumbnails and one file listed on the right. I then get the following message.

Access violates at address 00428EC7 in module RMRe.

I have checked the CD and the media files are there in a folder called pictures. If I open the folder I get thumbnails of all the media.

After I have tried to access the media I then am unable to use the edit function for an individual. I get the following

RootsMagic has encountered an unexpected error: A component named EditIndividualForm already exists.

Has anyone else tried to make a sharable CD and had problems?

#2 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

As soon as I click to make the CD, it shows a box "collecting media..." and then it frezes? No idea, I will be contacting RM support.

#3 mndadd

mndadd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

I have had exactly the same problem, and raised a support ticket on the 10th (apologies that this reply is late but I wasn't registered on the Board and getting this completed so that I could post took time as Bruce has been swamped following the release of RM4).

A possible work-around in the short term - I found that by copying the files on the CD to a writable medium such as a USB key, the "shareable" version does work. Not quite as convenient as a CD, but will auto-boot, and it does mean that I can share my data with family and encourage them to contribute!

QUOTE(franjane @ Apr 10 2009, 10:22 AM) View Post

When I make a sharable CD and run it, I am having problems with the media function. When I click on media for an individual or media gallery I get the media box with no thumbnails and one file listed on the right. I then get the following message.

Access violates at address 00428EC7 in module RMRe.

I have checked the CD and the media files are there in a folder called pictures. If I open the folder I get thumbnails of all the media.

After I have tried to access the media I then am unable to use the edit function for an individual. I get the following

RootsMagic has encountered an unexpected error: A component named EditIndividualForm already exists.

Has anyone else tried to make a sharable CD and had problems?

#4 Chippy

Chippy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(Ryan @ Apr 16 2009, 08:20 PM) View Post

As soon as I click to make the CD, it shows a box "collecting media..." and then it frezes? No idea, I will be contacting RM support.

I am having the same problem and Tech support say they are looking into it so fingers crossed it will be fixed soon as it was one of the features that attracted me to RM4.

#5 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

The issue with freezing when "collecting media" will be fixed in the next update.

We are still working on the issue with the access violation in the media album on the shareable CD. That one may be a bug in the image library we are using and it is very hard to track down because that error only happens when running from CD. If we run it in a read only folder on the hard drive, or even on a flash drive it works fine. It appears to be a conflict between the multi-threaded image libarary and latency loading images from a CD.
RootsMagician

#6 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

OK, the media album access violation on shareable CDs will be fixed in the next update too. It *was* a bug in the image library we use, but we have the source code for that library and were able to fix the bug for them.
RootsMagician

#7 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(RootsMagician @ Apr 28 2009, 02:04 PM) View Post

OK, the media album access violation on shareable CDs will be fixed in the next update too. It *was* a bug in the image library we use, but we have the source code for that library and were able to fix the bug for them.

Thank you for the update!!!