5 replies to this topic

#1 Dori Partsch

Dori Partsch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

In experimenting with Web page design, I cannot find a way to change the font. Can it be changed?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

(post=25200:date=Apr 2 2009, 03:49 PM:name=Dori Partsch)
In experimenting with Web page design, I cannot find a way to change the font. Can it be changed?

You would edit the CSS file that is generated and named 'styles.css'. It looks like this unformatted in the file:
<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->body {font-family: Tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; margin: 3, 3, 3, 3; color: #000000; background-color: #FFFFFF; } table {font-family: Tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; margin: 3, 3, 3, 3; color: #000000; background-color: #FFFFFF; } a.lnk:link {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: none; } a.lnk:visited {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: none; } a.lnk:active {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: none; } a.lnk:hover {color: #FF0000; text-decoration: underline; } a.navlnk:link {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; } a.navlnk:visited {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; } a.navlnk:active {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; } a.navlnk:hover {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold; } .navbar {color:#FFFFFF; background-color:#008080}<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
But this is a clearer representation:
<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->body
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
color: #000000;
font-family: Tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 9pt;
margin: 3, 3, 3, 3;
}
table
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
color: #000000;
font-family: Tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 9pt;
margin: 3, 3, 3, 3;
}
a.lnk:link
{
color: #0000FF;
text-decoration: none;
}
a.lnk:visited
{
}
a.lnk:active
{
}
a.lnk:hover
{
color: #FF0000;
text-decoration: underline;
}
a.navlnk:link
{
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight: bold;
}
a.navlnk:visited
{
}
a.navlnk:active
{
}
a.navlnk:hover
{
text-decoration: underline;
}
.navbar
{
background-color: #008080;
}<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Dori Partsch

Dori Partsch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

I tried your directions three or four times with different font styles: edited the file and saved it each time. But the Web page, when generated, had not changed, and when I went back to the file, the original font was "typed" there in place of the one I had entered. sad.gif

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(Dori Partsch @ Apr 3 2009, 12:09 AM) View Post

I tried your directions three or four times with different font styles: edited the file and saved it each time. But the Web page, when generated, had not changed, and when I went back to the file, the original font was "typed" there in place of the one I had entered. sad.gif

Don't know what you may have done, but there should be nothing with the ability to overwrite your changes to the CSS file unless you rerun RootsMagic 4. Editing the CSS file and viewing the result in your browser should be the final thing you do before uploading your website to a web hosting service.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 Dori Partsch

Dori Partsch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(kbens0n @ Apr 2 2009, 09:19 PM) View Post

Don't know what you may have done, but there should be nothing with the ability to overwrite your changes to the CSS file unless you rerun RootsMagic 4. Editing the CSS file and viewing the result in your browser should be the final thing you do before uploading your website to a web hosting service.

Oh, OK; got it. I failed to realize the point in the process when I should make the change. Did I miss this instruction somewhere in the program, or did you know it because of your knowledge of the basics of Web page development? Thanks much for your help. smile.gif

#6 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Dori Partsch @ Apr 3 2009, 12:54 PM) View Post

Oh, OK; got it. I failed to realize the point in the process when I should make the change. Did I miss this instruction somewhere in the program, or did you know it because of your knowledge of the basics of Web page development? Thanks much for your help. smile.gif

The latter... although the RootsMagic Help File ~does~ say this:
RootsMagic can create a website in six different arrangements Family group sheets, Pedigree charts, Pedigree charts with group sheets, Ancestor book (narrative), Descendant book (narrative), and Alphabetical book (narrative) to let you choose the one you prefer. The finished website uses a separate cascading style sheet (CSS) file to control the document presentation, fonts, colors, styles, etc.

---
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N