#1 colin pattrick

colin pattrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

Ancestor reports

The Ahnentafel Report in FTM16 reads:-

1. PersonA, born dd mmm yyyy in Location1,1,2,3; died dd mmm yyyy in Location. She was the daughter of 2. FatherA and 3. MotherA. She married (1) PersonB dd mmm yyyy in Location 4,5,6. He was born dd mmm yyyy in Location, and died dd mmm yyyy in Location. He was the son of Father B and MotherB. She married (2) PersonB dd mmm yyyy in Location. He was born dd mmm yyyy in Location, and died yyyy. He was the son of FatherB and MotherB.

Optionally you could add facts.
Optionally you could add notes (notes are Person Notes, there is no provision for individual fact notes like RM4)

====================================================================
Whereas in RM4 The basic Report reads:-
1. PersonA was born on Sun dd mmm yyy at Place details in place.
Fact Listing compulsory.

Optionally you can add the individual Fact Notes, this is then followed up by Person Notes

My wish is :-
a) that could RM4 Ancestor reports mirror the FTM16 report.
b) Once improved then could ‘Fact Listing’ be made optional, in RM4.

Regards Colin Pattrick.
P.S. A very happy convert to RM4, who would never go back to FTM, which I’ve used for 20 years.

#2 franjane

franjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(colin pattrick @ Apr 2 2009, 08:46 AM) View Post

Ancestor reports

The Ahnentafel Report in FTM16 reads:-

1. PersonA, born dd mmm yyyy in Location1,1,2,3; died dd mmm yyyy in Location. She was the daughter of 2. FatherA and 3. MotherA. She married (1) PersonB dd mmm yyyy in Location 4,5,6. He was born dd mmm yyyy in Location, and died dd mmm yyyy in Location. He was the son of Father B and MotherB. She married (2) PersonB dd mmm yyyy in Location. He was born dd mmm yyyy in Location, and died yyyy. He was the son of FatherB and MotherB.

Optionally you could add facts.
Optionally you could add notes (notes are Person Notes, there is no provision for individual fact notes like RM4)

Whereas in RM4 The basic Report reads:-
1. PersonA was born on Sun dd mmm yyy at Place details in place.
Fact Listing compulsory.

Optionally you can add the individual Fact Notes, this is then followed up by Person Notes

My wish is :-
a) that could RM4 Ancestor reports mirror the FTM16 report.
cool.gif Once improved then could ‘Fact Listing’ be made optional, in RM4.
Regards Colin Pattrick.
P.S. A very happy convert to RM4, who would never go back to FTM, which I’ve used for 20 years.

I strongly!!!! support this request. Overall, the only thing that I regret in my change from FTM 16 is the loss of the Ahnentafel Report.

Since I really do not exactly understand what all Colin requested, I want to request that the children of Ancestors be included as an option with the same details. I also would like the option to include step parents.

I fully recognize that my requests are not quite up to genealogy standards where blood is all important. However, in my family step parents, aunts and uncles have played a major role in the lives of my ancestors and their descendants. The only grandparent I ever knew was my mother's stepmother. My father was raised by his much older sister and her husband. Through the years, I have met many others who speak lovingly of their stepmothers and aunts and uncles. Genealogy is for sharing stories and family history. This report allows for all relationships to be printed.

#3 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(franjane @ Apr 2 2009, 08:42 AM) View Post

Since I really do not exactly understand what all Colin requested, I want to request that the children of Ancestors be included as an option with the same details. I also would like the option to include step parents.

Unless I mis-read your request, there is the option to include the children of your ancestors in the ancestors narative report
JohnG