4 replies to this topic

#1 BarryEvans

BarryEvans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:54 AM

What happened to the 'today' button in the RM4 calendar? When updating a 'date last worked on' ToDo entry, it no longer defaults to today and/or does not have a today button.

Sigh, the ToDo function seems to have been effectively forgotten in the RM4 re-write and has -IMHO- gone backwards. It should be such an integral part of computer-based research (e.g. links to correspondence etc), but as is in RM4, its little more than a pale imitation of a already long overlooked and undeveloped function.

Sorry, sometimes its hard to disguise my disappointment sad.gif

Barry

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

I suspect Bruce and partner may still have some details to be fixed/added. It -was- a complete rewrite, after all! wink.gif

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

In RM 40.1.0, when I open a ToDo to edit it, and click on the calendar icon, the calendar opens on today's date. I click on Select or hit Enter on the keyboard, and today's date is entered in the Date box.

Laura

#4 BarryEvans

BarryEvans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(Laura @ Mar 27 2009, 01:37 PM) View Post

In RM 40.1.0, when I open a ToDo to edit it, and click on the calendar icon, the calendar opens on today's date. I click on Select or hit Enter on the keyboard, and today's date is entered in the Date box.

Laura

This works for a new ToDo or new entry in to one of the Date fields (started / last worked / completed), but if you edit an existing date (for example the 'last worked'), then it just shows that date, with no indication of today or a button to jump to today. This is not how it worked in RM3 and I can't understand why it was dropped in RM4?

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(Laura @ Mar 27 2009, 08:37 AM) View Post

Laura

Hi Laura!
You're right, of course, but unfortunately, he explicitly referred to "When updating a 'date last worked on' ToDo entry". When one updates a ToDo and then wishes to change -that- date (last worked on)... RM4 opens the calendar to -that- date, but since there is no <today> button in the calendar popup, one must arrow through the month(s) to today's date and then select. wink.gif Just an oversight that'll likely get added back, at some point. smile.gif

EDIT: ahh Barry beat me to it!
QUOTE(BarryEvans @ Mar 27 2009, 08:51 AM) View Post
I can't understand why it was dropped in RM4?
The calendar app was rewritten and that button's purpose was merely overlooked.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N