No replies to this topic

#1 MVS

MVS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:36 AM

I think many of us will have been amazed at how successful the "Applets" that run on the IPhone are. The availability of a free Software DEvelopment Toolkit (SDK) has let loose thousands of users to develop little Applets that are available free or at a very small charge. There are noe tens of thousands of Applets available to users across the world.

It seems to me that RootsMagic needs a touch of this!.

If we only had, for example, a direct interface to the DataBase so that users could develope reports or add-ons in third party software..I imagine I would not be alone in thinking "if I write some code or a new report or display facility I could pass it on for free or, if it was really sophisticated make a small charge for it".

It is clear that RM4 has not tackled the large and growing wish list of users and we still await any serious improvements to the Reports. The Developers are stretched (we have seen the delays in getting rM4 out). Perhaps if facilities existed for Users to help themselves more then the developers would have less to achieve?

Perhaps this could be the first RM5 request? Open Architecture.