Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Well, the official release of RM4 has been announced on the blog:

http://blog.rootsmagic.com/?p=414

I have to admit that the timing caught me by surprise, but everything's now ready to roll, and the downloaded version can be purchased immediately. See blog for further pricing and other details.

#2 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(Romer @ Mar 25 2009, 12:09 PM) View Post

Well, the official release of RM4 has been announced on the blog:

http://blog.rootsmagic.com/?p=414

I have to admit that the timing caught me by surprise.

Paid for it . . . Downloaded it . . . Installed it . . . Waiting for the book . . . Beginning data conversion.
JohnG

#3 MikeZ

MikeZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Curious. I wonder what that means with respect to the Public Beta testing comments, which I thought were to end with the expiration of the 3/31/09 registration key? I didn't see any notice that it was over when I D/L'd version 186 this morning... huh.gif

The new RM4 D/L is ver 4.0.1.0. So I guess that answers my question - the public beta testing period is over. blink.gif

User since Family Origins 2.0, Now using RM 7.5...

#4 Michael Booth

Michael Booth

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(MikeZ @ Mar 25 2009, 11:20 AM) View Post

Curious. I wonder what that means with respect to the Public Beta testing comments, which I thought were to end with the expiration of the 3/31/09 registration key? I didn't see any notice that it was over when I D/L'd version 186 this morning... huh.gif

The new RM4 D/L is ver 4.0.1.0. So I guess that answers my question - the public beta testing period is over. blink.gif

The key given to public beta testers will work until April 1, even on version 4.0.1.0. We purposely wanted some overlap between the public beta period and official release so that people using the public beta would have an uninterrupted transition between the two.

#5 peteki

peteki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Michael Booth @ Mar 25 2009, 11:01 AM) View Post

The key given to public beta testers will work until April 1, even on version 4.0.1.0. We purposely wanted some overlap between the public beta period and official release so that people using the public beta would have an uninterrupted transition between the two.

Michael,

Please talk to Bruce and ask him what we are supposed to do with the Cruise Certificates he gave us so we can download the software. I tried, but there is no provision for the certificate on the sales site. Just how does he want to do that? Your help would be appreciated. Congratulations to all on the release.

Pete Iber biggrin.gif

#6 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hooray and Hallelujah!
I have been taking care of some projects somewhat trepidatiously rolleyes.gif, but now I can relax and sail through "Full Steam Ahead", maybe?? unsure.gif

Cheers, Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn