#21 Don Newcomb

Don Newcomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1045 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(RMUKfan @ Mar 14 2009, 12:51 PM) View Post

Yes, you certainly cannot have Derbyshire County in the UK it is just Derbyshire.

That's because Derby is a Shire.

#22 BarryEvans

BarryEvans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:35 AM

This thread got a bit hijacked... so to get back on topic

I have found that Online map/Live Map Search will not find ANY of my places (imported from RM3) which have coordinates in them. RM3 does. RM4 will find street addresses (for example on the same street, same address format) if there are a] no coordinates, b] its in Live Map Search's rather limited database (compared to Google).

Hence, without even touching Place details (with its known inadequacies) it seems that RM4 has gone backwards and we are left with less function than RM3?

Anyone else found this?

#23 joka

joka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(BarryEvans @ Mar 28 2009, 01:35 PM) View Post

This thread got a bit hijacked... so to get back on topic

I have found that Online map/Live Map Search will not find ANY of my places (imported from RM3) which have coordinates in them. RM3 does. RM4 will find street addresses (for example on the same street, same address format) if there are a] no coordinates, b] its in Live Map Search's rather limited database (compared to Google).

Hence, without even touching Place details (with its known inadequacies) it seems that RM4 has gone backwards and we are left with less function than RM3?

Anyone else found this?

Hope I am not leading the thread astray again - what I am experiencing seems related.
I didn't really use Online map in RM3 so didn't have the data with co-ordinates to import but what
I have found is that in RM4 with certain locations (not all) I cannot get some geocodes to arrive at the correct place - in the general area but not where I want to be. Using the "automatic geocoding" I am over half a mile away from where I expected to be. Using co-ordinates from various alternative map sources(input in either percentage or degrees minutes format) I can get closer but cannot get into the correct street. Putting the same address directly into the internet map gets me to exactly the correct place but I cannot get this translated back into the RM place list however hard I try. I have been struggling on one address for a couple of hours.

Using RM3 and being presented with a choice of addresses, having selected the correct one, I zoom right into the aerial photograph. Something isn't working somewhere!

As a further issue having to enter the place list rather than having direct access from a person's details is a somewhat cumbersome way of viewing the maps or aerial views.