• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Love Genealogy

Love Genealogy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Yesterday, I watched the video tutorials on New Familysearch. I really like the interface and look forward to using it. However, I did not see an option to add an individual to my temple reserve list at the same time I add him/her to NFS. Will this option be available and I just missed it, or could it be added?

#2 phoward

phoward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

On a related topic, I'm trying the new RM4 Beta and saw the Familysearch support option. However to use it I have to re-register with Familysearch but can't do so as you have to be in the church (which I'm not). I've used Familysearch for years.

What's going on here?

#3 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2068 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

FamilySearch is still available to anyone accessing the website. However, I believe that "new FamilySearch" (nFS) is being gradually rolled out to the various LDS temple districts for testing in beta before it's made available to the public-at-large. I'm unfortunately in the same boat in terms of not being able to try it out, but very eager to give it a shot.

If you haven't already done so, check out http://www.rootsmagic.com/fs/ for additional information.

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Look in the RootsMagic 4 Help menu.
Search for Family Search choose it from the list.

In part it says:
Currently, New FamilySearch is a work-in-progress and is not available to the general public. It is first being slowly introduced to members of the LDS Church by geographic region. Access to others is expected to be available as the system grows and matures.

More information and video tutorials on using RootsMagic with New FamilySearch are available online at www.RootsMagic.com/fs

In other words, Family Search isn't fully implemented by the Family Search people yet.

Alfred

#5 phoward

phoward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll just have to ignore what looks like a useful tool for now. sad.gif

(Or become a Mormon blink.gif wink.gif )

#6 peteki

peteki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Alfred @ Mar 5 2009, 11:44 AM) View Post

Look in the RootsMagic 4 Help menu.
Search for Family Search choose it from the list.

In part it says:
In other words, Family Search isn't fully implemented by the Family Search people yet.

By the way, it isn't available to non church members who index for the New Family Search either. So even though we are helping with the project, we don't get access to it.

#7 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

To be fair, it isn't even available to all LDS church members yet either. Most of Utah does not have access as they work out kinks in the system.
RootsMagician