4 replies to this topic

#1 familytreemashug

familytreemashug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

Is there a way to see the last person added to the database? Or the last change made?

Thanks,

Lawrence

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

You can find the last person added by doing a custom report, just the Record numbder and the name, in the options, sort by record number and see who has the highest record number, that would be the last person added.

The last edit is not quite as specific, you can search for people by "Date last edited" -- is after -- yesterday or another recent date, but it will find all such people and even those who had their edit screen opened, no editing but closed with the OK button rather than the cancel button.
Alfred

#3 familytreemashug

familytreemashug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Thanks! Did the trick!

lawrence

QUOTE(Alfred @ Jan 27 2009, 11:26 AM) View Post

You can find the last person added by doing a custom report, just the Record numbder and the name, in the options, sort by record number and see who has the highest record number, that would be the last person added.

The last edit is not quite as specific, you can search for people by "Date last edited" -- is after -- yesterday or another recent date, but it will find all such people and even those who had their edit screen opened, no editing but closed with the OK button rather than the cancel button.

#4 Glenn

Glenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Alfred @ Jan 27 2009, 11:26 AM) View Post
Wish I'd waited for this new thread! Yesterday, I was looking for the same info and found it the hard way. Had done a "Count Trees" when start person in each tree wasn't necessarily the last-added person. So I observed my highest record number in the list, knew I had over 3,600 individuals, searched for record #3700, and did several more searches back and forth by narrowing the gap -- 3700, 3600, 3690, 3670 -- you get the picture. Well, Duh!
Alfred to the rescue, again -- thanks, Alfred

Cheers all,
Glenn

Good real estate may be based on location, location, location;
but
good sources are based on citation, citation, citation!

Glenn

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

If I'm entering new families, I sometimes set the last added person or the last person I worked on as the root person. Then I can click on Home on the toolbar and go right back to that person if I've wandered off somewhere else.

I sometimes bookmark the person instead.

Laura

------------------------
The simplest way to get the record number of the last person added would be to check File>Properties>People since RM doesn't reuse record numbers for deleted people.

Duh, t is so simple I never thought about it before. wink.gif

Laura