• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kathryn

kathryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

On each family sheet men are labeled father and women mother, as not all have children I would prefer the labels to be husband and wife. Is there a way to change the heading to husband and wife? The couples are married and do have marriage facts. If it makes a difference, the database was imported via gedcom.

Also, is there an option for an individual narrative? I'm trying to create sentences for custom facts, so I only need to view one person at a time.

Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

If the couple has a marriage fact, they will be called husband and wifed on the FGS.

Try a narrative report of descendants, 1 generation.

BUT, the sentence structure shows up when you edit a fact, when just browsing through the Fact type list or when editing that kperson's fact.

The only thing to remember is that the first fact uses the name(s) rather than the pronoun, he, she, they etc.
Alfred

#3 kathryn

kathryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Okay, the husband/wife shows up on the FGS, I guess that it can't be changed in the computer view, is that correct?

Thanks for the suggestion about 1 generation, I should have thought of that!

#4 Doug Couch

Doug Couch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

If RM is intuitive enough to know the difference for any report, then it is also intuitive enough to know the difference for the regular display. Question is, has this aspect been programmed to pick up that difference for that purpose? If not, then it should be done whenever time allows.

#5 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

I think that "Father:" and "Mother:" are just part of the background of the family display.

All of this time and this is the first time I have noticed anyone mention it.
Alfred