1 reply to this topic

#1 Doug Couch

Doug Couch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

Sometimes when I add a new fact, and use Alt+O to close it, the fact does not show in the individual's general edit screen. However, if I exit the main edit screen and reopen it, the new fact shows on the list of facts. Other times, it does not do this.

Sometimes when I edit an existing fact, and use Alt+O to close it, the fact (which was already there) disappears from the list of facts on the individual general edit screen. However, if I exit the main edit screen and reopen it, magically the fact is there again (and checking reveals the new edit information IS in the fact). Other times, it does not do this. blink.gif

Note that this is not a case of Oops, I exited using cancel, Esc, etc. The new fact or new edit data is there...just not showing in the list of fact items.

Addendum: Also noticing sometimes red marker on tab to show sources have been entered is sometimes absent, but on checking, the source data is there.

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3464 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

Sounds like display "refreshing" issues maybe? Do you run a custom Windows theme for your Desktop or is there a correlation with other programs running at the same time (trying to steal focus, for example)? Others always mention display drivers but I know that to rarely have any real effect.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N