• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OcoeeBill

OcoeeBill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

I entered a family note on one of my families today. I left the notes section to do something else. Later I found that I cannot now open any family note on any family in my data base. I also discovered I cannot open any family edit function at all. Does anyone have experience with the fix for this problem?

I have already exited the program and restarted the computer all to no avail. Everything works except for the family editing for notes, family etc. Not only that, I now have this problem in my two other data bases as well.
I click on notes for example and the editing family notes icon pops up at the bottom. but the note page never opens.

Any help would be appreciated. I can find no answers in the help files or the FAQ section.

Reply to Ratzfahr@aol.com please. Thanks.

#2 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

I'm no computer expert but, if your problem exists on more than one database, then I would assume it's a program problem. I would go so far as to uninstall it from Control Panel, then re-install it and try that.
JIM.B.NH

#3 OcoeeBill

OcoeeBill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Jim Belanger @ May 18 2008, 06:23 PM) View Post

I'm no computer expert but, if your problem exists on more than one database, then I would assume it's a program problem. I would go so far as to uninstall it from Control Panel, then re-install it and try that.

Actually, I was able to fix the problem. I found a note on one of your boards that talked about the program freezing when trying to edit. I used the Control, Shift U command and reset the default setting for the program. This solved the problem. The only thing I lost was the note I had entered last which I was able to reenter. Now everything works just fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bill