• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cmhbob

cmhbob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

I have several burial/interment records -- the cemetery's or funeral home's paper record of the burial.

It's been too long since I entered on of these, so I've forgotten what SourceWizard template I used. I'm pretty sure I used the SW, as the sources I have still have blank () for some data. Is anyone using the SW for such sources? What template?

Would someone mind checking their copy of Evidence! to find the correct format for such a citation? I've be grateful.

#2 Cliff

Cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

Bob:

I don't have your cited source "Evidence", but here is a website you might want to scan.

http://genealogy.abo...s/blintro2g.htm

It covers the the wording for recording "obituaries", but not funeral programs. Hope it will help you some.

Cliff

#3 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1695 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Evidence, Electronic copy is available if you are a member of footnote.com. I believe I paid about $30 for it. Elizabeth recommends for the Basic Format, Family Artifacts or Private Holdings: Artifact. Listing it as Compiler; Artifact ID; Creation Date; Current or Last known owner; Owner's location; Year owned.

In RM for funeral programs or cards, I will use the Obituary on the list in then the Source Wizard and fill it in information in the lines as needed [using funeral home or church name for newspaper]. I also have my own source, my name as a Private Holder of Artifacts, only I use Personal Knowledge Nettie as my head title. I have several Personal Knowledge Sources, as others have shared interviews etc or their holdings with me. Hope this is what you are looking for. rolleyes.gif

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#4 cmhbob

cmhbob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

Thanks, Nettie. Didn't realize it was available online. That's good to know, too.

I also finally figured out what SW I was using: Cemetery marker/tombstone. I just leave the directions section blank, which accounts for the open parans I was seeing. I suppose I could use that for the record number or grave location.

At any rate, thanks for the help.

#5 Cliff

Cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Nettie @ Mar 16 2008, 01:45 PM) View Post
Evidence, Electronic copy is available if you are a member of footnote.com. I believe I paid about $30 for it. Elizabeth recommends for the Basic Format, Family Artifacts or Private Holdings: Artifact. Listing it as Compiler; Artifact ID; Creation Date; Current or Last known owner; Owner's location; Year owned.

In RM for funeral programs or cards, I will use the Obituary on the list in then the Source Wizard and fill it in information in the lines as needed [using funeral home or church name for newspaper]. I also have my own source, my name as a Private Holder of Artifacts, only I use Personal Knowledge Nettie as my head title. I have several Personal Knowledge Sources, as others have shared interviews etc or their holdings with me. Hope this is what you are looking for. rolleyes.gif

Nettie:

Thank you for mentioning the site "Footnote.com", I was completely ignorant of that site until you mentioned it. Seems that it may be quite helpful and I did sign up for the "Free" membership. Will explore it further before commiting to the $30 annual fee. Thanks again. Good helpful, and interesting information.

Cliff

#6 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1695 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

Annual fee is double the $30, the electronic version of Evidence is $30. Sorry I did not make that clear. Dick Eastman has been taking and promoting footnote.com . Read his blog.

Your welcome for the information

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0