2 replies to this topic

#1 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:37 AM

Hi,

I tried to add an image to the multimedia section. RootsMagic lets me add the image, but it does not show up among the thumbnails on the multimedia tab after being added. The box where it is supposed to be is blank - it does not show the "Can't find" thumbnail either. The caption is there.

When I go to the "select image" dialog, it says "Preview not available". But if I choose to show thumbnails of the images available in the folder, the photo is there.... see image below:

http://www.ceciliasplace.se/image2.jpg

I opened the image in Microsoft PhotoEditor, the Image and Fax viewer, XnView, Faststone and Paint Shop Pro without a problem. It is a normal - I assume - jpg image. There are other images in other folders with the same problem.

Cecilia

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

Perhaps the image sizes are too large for the photos which don't show.

Check out Allen's explanation of photo sizes for RM:

http://www.rootsmagi...p;hl=photo size

Laura

#3 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

Hi Laura,

and thank you for your reply. That was not the problem though, and just now I discovered the same problem when I tried to add the image to Legacy6.

So I think image must have been damaged somehow even if it is not obvious since I could open it in several image viewers without a problem.

I then opened it in Paint Shop Pro, and re-saved it back to the same file as I opened, and guess what, now both Legacy and RootsMagic can see it.... Now I just have to go through all photos and resave them to get them back to normal... I think it may have to do with the fact that they come from a backup copy from another genealogy program. Somewhere along the way they got damaged.

Cecilia