2 replies to this topic

#1 jimrkeener

jimrkeener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

Hello,

I just bought Personal Historian and I love it. I've tried everything I know to add some event icons, but to no avail. Could you tell me a simple way to add some icons for birthdays, weddings, etc.

Thanks,

Jim

#2 Michael Booth

Michael Booth

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

An icon belongs to a Category. Each topic in your history can be assigned to a category and get's its icon from the category. To add topics with your own icons, such as birthdays, flags, pictures, etc., you need to create new categories, give them the desired icon, and assign the topics to the category.

Step-by-step:

1. Select Topics > Edit Categories from the Main Menu.
2. Click "Add New Category"
3. On the bottom part of the screen, give the category a name. Click "Change Icon" > "Browse files"
4. Find a picture file on your computer that you wish to use. Don't worry if it is the right size, Personal Historian will resize it for you. Click "Open".
5. Close the Edit Categories screen.
6. Right-click on the topics which you wish to assign to your new categories and select "Change Category" from the pop-up menu. Pick the category you just created from the list.

#3 AndrewMWebster

AndrewMWebster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Tip:
I just tried exactly this and found I got errors if I tried to use a .ico or .png file. However, converting to a .bmp (using Paint.Net) then allowed the file to be used with no problem.