• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 genieron

genieron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

I am using RMPublisher to complile a family History. I have set up the book with Narrative reports of Decendents from each major branch as chapters in the book. Now when I get down each tree a few generations I get a lot of duplication printed in the end report. Is it normal genealogy publishing protocal to print these duplications? If now how do I keep one branch in its main ancestorial root and get rid of the dups? Thx

#2 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(genieron @ May 21 2007, 05:00 PM) View Post

I am using RMPublisher to complile a family History. I have set up the book with Narrative reports of Decendents from each major branch as chapters in the book. Now when I get down each tree a few generations I get a lot of duplication printed in the end report. Is it normal genealogy publishing protocal to print these duplications? If now how do I keep one branch in its main ancestorial root and get rid of the dups? Thx

Does your database have marriages between cousins?

I have a case in the early 1800's with a marriage between first cousins. I went back to the common ancestor of these cousin, their grandfather. I then did a narrative report of descendents for the grandfather for 4 generations. The report was nearly 30 pages. I then looked at the index for anyone with more than 2 page references listed. The husband who married his first cousin had 3 entries in the index. The details were repeated between the second and third pages for the husband. I did not check the entries for the wife.

It would be normal to have two entries in the index for many individuals: once as a child and another as a parent with their own family.

I have no solution.

#3 genieron

genieron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

Thx John, See my reply to Alfred above. I see what you tried to do. My folks are so intertwined that it may be impossible. Is it acceptable to publish them this way?? Ron