• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 genieron

genieron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

I am using RMPublisher to complile a family History. I have set up the book with Narrative reports of Decendents from each major branch as chapters in the book. Now when I get down each tree a few generations I get a lot of duplication printed in the end report. Is it normal genealogy publishing protocal to print these duplications? If now how do I keep one branch in its main ancestorial root and get rid of the dups? Thx

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

You are asking for several different reports to be put in the publisher. One report does not reflect on the others.

If you do your GGGGGrandfather and his descendants.
Then his wife, your GGGGGrandmother will paralell, probably have the same descendants.

(I am not being facteious, I am trying to make a point here.)

SO, do only as many generations of the second descendant report as as are needed to get to where the start to run paralell.

----------- OH HECK, this was a duplicate post, John of Ross County answered the other one. ------------
Alfred

#3 genieron

genieron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thx, Got your point, BUT with so many brothers and sisters m. sisters and brothers + cousins m. cousins I have not a tree but a globe, they are so intertwined. Each generation is interwoven. (deep in the hills of KY!) I tried to put the book out as a .rtf to I could try editing it but rather wierd stuff, like, {ndnndjhjj...--} at each person or event that would have to be edited out. Did I do something wrong when converting it?

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

I was thinking Arkansas untill you mentioned Kentucky laugh.gif

Those odd charactters are mostly codes for the index markers. You can turn them off by clicking on the Paragraph mark ( ) in the Word Tool bar. (I think it is "Show codes" in WP)
Turn off the codes before you generate the index at the end of the thing or the page numbers will be off a bit. . ( The codes don't show up on the printed page)

Then the thing is easier to edit.
Alfred

#5 genieron

genieron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

Thanks again for your help. I will try the .rtf route again. This time I will create only the file then open msword.
I am one of them thar folks from KY so it is OK!