• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DakotaGirl

DakotaGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

I have started to write my family story using the publishing part of Roots Magic. However, when I did a sample print of a chapter with accompanying family group sheet, it looked just like a printout from RootsMagic with date included on each page and preparer information at the bottom of the group sheet, notes on page 2 and sources on page 3. I am not happy with this format as I want it to look like a book, not a printed report. Any ideas? What about using MS Word or another publishing software? Or how to clean this up so it is more "bookish.? tongue.gif

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

The Publisher is just a way to combine RootsMagic reports (Chapters) into one book with a common index, title etc.

Family group sheets make a poor book, but a few can be used to illustrate a point.

Play with the publisher for a while, look in the Help files and see what you like best.
Alfred

#3 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(DakotaGirl @ Apr 29 2007, 06:14 PM) View Post

I have started to write my family story using the publishing part of Roots Magic. However, when I did a sample print of a chapter with accompanying family group sheet, it looked just like a printout from RootsMagic with date included on each page and preparer information at the bottom of the group sheet, notes on page 2 and sources on page 3. I am not happy with this format as I want it to look like a book, not a printed report. Any ideas? What about using MS Word or another publishing software? Or how to clean this up so it is more "bookish.? tongue.gif

You can change the options on the group sheet to have it not start the notes or sources on new pages (both alone or in the publisher). You can also click the Page Layout button in the publisher to define the header and footer (or turn them off if you don't want them).

RootsMagician

#4 DakotaGirl

DakotaGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(RootsMagician @ Apr 30 2007, 09:28 AM) View Post

You can change the options on the group sheet to have it not start the notes or sources on new pages (both alone or in the publisher). You can also click the Page Layout button in the publisher to define the header and footer (or turn them off if you don't want them).

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. I went to the page layout button and removed header and footer. Works fine, looks great. Will really get to work on the story now.

#5 gerril

gerril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks I hope this will help.