• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 orville

orville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

My wish would be to be able to take the Relationship Calculator and Charts one more step. On the "calculator" when I select two people to find their relationship it would be nice to be able to either select which one print out on how they are related in either a list of the different ways related or select one to print in a chart form.

For example I can enter my name as Person #1 and my spouse as Person #2 in the Relationship Calculator and it shows we are related 40 times (we both have lots of French Canadian ancestry). In order for me to check it out I have to hand copy each relationship (copying and paste doesn't work). If I use the Relationship Chart it only shows me the closest relationship.

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(orville @ Apr 8 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post

For example I can enter my name as Person #1 and my spouse as Person #2 in the Relationship Calculator and it shows we are related 40 times (we both have lots of French Canadian ancestry). In order for me to check it out I have to hand copy each relationship (copying and paste doesn't work). If I use the Relationship Chart it only shows me the closest relationship.

I'm using Rm 3.2.4.

In the lower left corner of the Relationship Calculator screen there is a Print button. If you click on it, you can choose where to print the report, pdf, .rtf, or text.

Using Windows you can tile the report in a word processor or Adobe Reader and RM to check out the relationships.

Another list which can be useful in comparing you and your husband's relationships is the Kinship List at Reports>Lists>Kinship List.

This report gives a report of everyone in the database that is related to one person. You could do one report for yourself and one for your husband. Save the reports to a .rtf or text file and then compare them. Tile the reports as before.

Laura

#3 orville

orville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE(Laura @ Apr 8 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post

I'm using Rm 3.2.4.

In the lower left corner of the Relationship Calculator screen there is a Print button. If you click on it, you can choose where to print the report, pdf, .rtf, or text.

Using Windows you can tile the report in a word processor or Adobe Reader and RM to check out the relationships.

Another list which can be useful in comparing you and your husband's relationships is the Kinship List at Reports>Lists>Kinship List.

This report gives a report of everyone in the database that is related to one person. You could do one report for yourself and one for your husband. Save the reports to a .rtf or text file and then compare them. Tile the reports as before.

Laura

I guess I should of ran my update, because I didn't have the print button in the lower left hand corner. But I still would like to see a connection between the calculator and the chart print out. biggrin.gif

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:51 AM

I'm not sure how you would show 40 relationships for 2 people in one chart.

Maybe a chart with a new page for each different relationship.

That seems a little much, but I can't seem to come up with anything more imaginative. smile.gif

Laura

#5 sdla2

sdla2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:18 AM

The Print button on the Relationship Calculator is useful for a list of all relationships.

What I would like is to be able to choose which relationship to print a chart for. So, in the relationship Calculator screen, highlight a relationship, and a new button called Print Chart would be enabled. Clicking this would produce the Relationship Chart for the highlighted relationship.

EG my wife's parents are first cousins, so the relationship calculator shows then as siblings and second cousins. By selecting the second cousin relationship I could print a chart for that.