• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pbiesk

pbiesk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

For no apparent reason, an "s" (Sealing to spouse) appeared in the LDS ordinance column for EVERYONE in my database after I updated one person's ordinance data. When I open the edit person window, there is no sealing to spouse fact/event. How do I delete all these errant "s"?

#2 pbiesk

pbiesk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(pbiesk @ Mar 8 2007, 06:11 PM) View Post

For no apparent reason, an "s" (Sealing to spouse) appeared in the LDS ordinance column for EVERYONE in my database after I updated one person's ordinance data. When I open the edit person window, there is no sealing to spouse fact/event. How do I delete all these errant "s"?

I solved my own problem.......I made a gedcom of my existing RM, created a new empty RM database, imported the gedcom--"s" are gone.

#3 Cliff_Wilder

Cliff_Wilder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(pbiesk @ Mar 9 2007, 07:26 AM) View Post

I solved my own problem.......I made a gedcom of my existing RM, created a new empty RM database, imported the gedcom--"s" are gone.

Very well that you solved your problem.

But ... did it solve THE problem?

In order for ALL members of the database to end up with the 's' in them would be an issue that needs to be looked into I would think. I'd hate to have to always create a new GEDCOM; create a new file; import the GEDCOM; delete the old file (so I don't get confused); rename the new file to the old filename; and do the whole thing over again the next time.

Of course I may be 'piping off' here if this has already been fixed. wink.gif

#4 pbiesk

pbiesk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

Well, as luck would have it--and coincidentally just before I read your response--"s" appeared in everyone again just minutes ago. I thought maybe I'd check the message board and see if anyone had responded, even though it's been since Mar 8 that I posted. It is unexplained and does not seem to happen because of some command I give. So---if anyone have a REAL solution, as opposed to creating a new database everytime, I'd sure like some input. I don't mind creating a new file, however, since I frequently make a gedcom and a new PAF file so I can use PAF Insight. Yes, I check the IGI through Roots, but Insight sometimes catches info that is missed otherwise and I can set it to search lots of names, leave it, and come back later to update. However, huh.gif I'm "true blue" to RM!!