Problem Indicator

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Charlotte_*

Guest_Charlotte_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:55 AM

wink.gif I would like to have some kind of an indicator when a potential problem is entered. For instance if I make an error in entering a date that has a child born after his mother's death, I'd like to know about it at that moment while I have my source handy. The problem list is useful, but can take a lot of time looking for the source of the information months after it was entered. I understand that FTM has this ability. Can RM do it too?

#2 Guest_Guest_Josev_*

Guest_Guest_Josev_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:54 PM

Sure sounds like a good idea to me

#3 Canyon Wolf

Canyon Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:16 AM

I'll second that!

Canyon Wolf

#4 usma79

usma79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

Ditto on that suggestion.

#5 Jeff Jahn

Jeff Jahn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

Although its nice to have theirs also times its nice to have the ability to check it off. I quickly got tired of the pop up when you knew what the problem was. For example a child born before parents married. Every time you went to add anything or edit anything a pop up poped up. Same thing would happen with twins born on same date. This was all in paf. That really got annoying. Maybe just have it pop up the first time then after that that message wouldnt pop up again for that person.

#6 Canyon Wolf

Canyon Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

Or Bruce could give us a way to mark it as "not a problem", the way we can now in the problem reports wink.gif

Canyon Wolf

#7 jbbullock

jbbullock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:51 PM

I'll add my vote for "on-the-fly" error checking. For example, I would like to have a message appear if I enter a death date that was prior to the person's birth date. It should also have user defined criteria so that I could set, for example, a maximum age of 95 at death and then be able to either accept or correct any exceptions.

Jim B.
http://wc.rootsweb.com/~jbbullock

#8 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

If error pop-ups were ever included, I hope it would be selectable so you could turn it off.

Laura

#9 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:08 PM

I would just like to add my vote for this with the Canyon Wolfe Suggestion for being able to tag it as "not a problem" there and then providing that IS the case