• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wallshuff

wallshuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

I wish to download multiple gedcoms from LDS Family Search (LDS limit is 50 names a download) to a single Atlas. How do I do this. I have bought Family Atlas mainly for this purpose for my One-Name Study.

Regards, Ian Wallbank

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

So far, all I can suggest is that you import the multiple GEDCOM files into a Genealogy program, either import directly from there, or export a GEDCOM from the combined database and import that into Family Atlas.

I am pressed for time right now, but, in the little while I looked, I couldn't find a way to import a second file after the first was imported.

Alfred

#3 wallshuff

wallshuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Alfred @ Jan 9 2007, 11:25 AM) View Post

So far, all I can suggest is that you import the multiple GEDCOM files into a Genealogy program, either import directly from there, or export a GEDCOM from the combined database and import that into Family Atlas.

I am pressed for time right now, but, in the little while I looked, I couldn't find a way to import a second file after the first was imported.

Thanks Alfred, that works fine. However I am a little disappointed that the software does not allow additions to an Atlas file. Also I am disappointed that it is not possible to label the US states when creating pdf images, and also a way of showing the number of events in a particular state as GenMap UK does for ther UK.No doubt the software will improve with time. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Ian Wallbank