• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Becky

Becky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:02 AM

I've just downloaded the newest version with the Time Slider, but I can't figure out how to use it. When I click on the Time Slider icon a slide bar appears at the bottom of the screen but when I click ont he right arrow (start? button) nothing happens. sad.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Becky

#2 Lola

Lola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

I've just downloaded the program and the update to 1.0.4.80
and I can see the time slider icon -- but it is "grayed out", which means it isn't active.

How do I activate it?

#3 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:54 PM

The Time Slider becomes available when you import genealogy data from your genealogy program that has events with dates in it and have a marker set defined (even if it is just a marker set with everyone and every event selected).

The Time Slider shows markers for different times, so it can't do anything without at least one set of markers defined.
RootsMagician

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(Becky @ Dec 16 2006, 09:02 AM) View Post

When I click on the Time Slider icon a slide bar appears at the bottom of the screen but when I click ont he right arrow (start? button) nothing happens. sad.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Becky

Move to one end or the other of the slider until the cursor changes to a double ended arrow and drag it shorter.
When you first open it, it is sometimes wide enough to cover the entire time period.
Alfred

#5 Becky

Becky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:01 AM

Thanks Albert. Now I see why nothing was happening. As you said, my cursor was as wide as the entire time line, so nothing was moving. When I reduced it to about a year's width and clicked on the right arrow, the cursor moved and I was able to see the various events and places show up in various places.

Thanks to you, Albert, for your help.

Thanks to Roots Magic Team for this nifty feature.

Becky smile.gif smile.gif

#6 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Becky @ Dec 23 2006, 01:01 AM) View Post

Thanks to you, Albert, for your help.

Becky smile.gif smile.gif

Who in the world is this "Albert" everyone is thanking all of the time? smile.gif
Alfred

#7 Becky

Becky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE(Alfred @ Dec 23 2006, 02:05 AM) View Post

Who in the world is this "Albert" everyone is thanking all of the time? smile.gif

Sorry, Alfred, maybe he is your Doppelganger?? Anyway, thanks very much for your help!
Becky