• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Duane Barton

Duane Barton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:26 AM

After editing my data last night (matching unmatched places) and saving, when I attempt to load this morning, after about a minute I get a pop up "out of memory". 4 g of memory? I don't think so! I watch it suck up memory like the finest Hoover. I don't know a what point it begins its loop Bruce, but the progress bar is just over 1/3 of the way advanced. Special characters again? At this point, I can't use my existing database. I can however, create a new one from my Rootsmagic database and I think it uses my personal place list anyway.

#2 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

We think we have figured out what causes this. It appears to have something to do with the encoding used when creating the atlas file. We hope to have a fix to upload soon.
RootsMagician

#3 Gordon (SD)

Gordon (SD)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

Exactly the same thing happened to me today. Need help. Gordon

#4 Newbie-6

Newbie-6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

We think we have figured out what causes this. It appears to have something to do with the encoding used when creating the atlas file. We hope to have a fix to upload soon.

I hope my experiences may shed a little more light:

When I create a narrative report, save it as an RTF - I get an out of memory message, yet the file is saved and can't be opened.

So, I opened the file using note pad and found that the last line of the report ended at the last character of the last line. In other words - a new blank line was not created (end with CR/LF)

When I entered a CR/LF - I was able to load he rtf.

I have seen this problem with other programs that do the same thing - ending ON the last line.

I hope this helps

Newby

#5 Newbie-6

Newbie-6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

I just installed version 4.0.9.6.

Now that the out of memory issue seems to have evaporated instead, saving a NARRATIVE report to RTF format, only one page is displayed (INDEX).

At least with the earlier version I was able to 'work around' the out of memory issue and get a decent NARRATIVE.

Now Nothing other than saving to a TEXT file or PDF. Don't know about HTML format ... I don't need that (for now).....

I want my narrative, as I stomp my feet and whine ...... :rolleyes:

WOW, I just realized this issue goes back to 2006???

I guess I'll create another ticket...

Newby6

#6 aladdin lighting

aladdin lighting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

I guess I'll create another ticket...