2 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Rusty

Uncle Rusty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

[font=Times New Roman]
I would like to be able to select a family tree from a database to make a Gedcom file of a particular family.
It seems the two choices are all or pick and choose method.
I would like to create a gedcom much like the choices given to drop and drag menu in merging
For example, a ninth cousin may want the gedcom file of our common ancestral eighth great grandfather.
He would not be interested in other branches of the tree.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:51 PM

It is there if you wouuld look in the right place. In fact, I think there are moro chices with the GEDCOM export than ther are with the drag and drop.

File > Export Gedcom File > Select People

Highlight your ancestor or yourself or snyone, click the mark people button and choose descendants, everyone in his tree, ancestors and whatever else is there.
Then you can highlight someone else and do the same, or even choose the unmark people button and remove a branch or an individual before exporting the GEDCOM.
Alfred

#3 Uncle Rusty

Uncle Rusty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

I just found your response Alfred. I just posted how I had done the gedcom export by making a new database.
I did not take it a step further in the export gedcom choice to see the choices. I will give it a try - anything to make it easier is great. laugh.gif