• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 genieron

genieron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:34 PM

Help please! I am trying to use the "PUBLISH" feature to create a book of reports. The titles for each report are not appearing at generation time. I only get the overall "heading/footer enties. What have I missed.

Next issue! Is there a way to get more flexibility when designing a cover page? THX

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

When designing the publisher, click on the page layout button, then the 'Header/Footer' tab.
Make sure that <TITLE> is in one of the header fields. That uses the individual chapter headings, anything you type in there, other than the fields is printed through the entire book.
<Title> - <Page> <Date> are the three fields that I can think of now.

The cover page? If you want more details, you could design one in another program and add it later.
Alfred

#3 signingemma

signingemma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

I'm having a similar dilemma as GENIERON. I can open my Publisher, click on the CoverPage, fill in my options, add chapters, but nothing is done. For each new chapter I add, the highlighted row in the Chapters box moves down, but there is no Chapter title visible. When I then "Generate Book", the only thing to show is the default header/footer. No chapters are added nor the Special Sections I checked. Why does this happen? I cannot get my publisher to work consistently.

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:31 AM

What is the default "header/footer"

Some chapter types allow you to chapter title, some do not, but if you do not have <title> in one of the header fields on the main "Layout" > "Header/Footer" header fields they will not show up.
Alfred