Splicing branches

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Steven Niedermeyer_*

Guest_Steven Niedermeyer_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:41 AM

Would love the option to delete or add branches from a database. Also a check-in/check-out feature for branches. This would allow for easier collaboration. A good example is my wife and I. We're distantly related so it's a bit difficult to separate our geneaogy into two distinct databases. We also enjoy generating reports that include both sides of the family for our progeny. So having a single database works well for this. That is, unless you both want to work on genealogy at the same time. Or one of you goes on a research trip, while the other is at home wondering how to make updates to the database and wondering how to syncronize those changes.

#2 ancestor_fan

ancestor_fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

I totally agree! This seems to be the feature that is missing from most of the apps out there today.

Having more than one person working on a tree/branch seems to be more common these days. I've got an uncle working on updates at I'll have to manually add to make sure I know exactly what is being added.

Stevens idea for check in/out is perfect. It also suggest of version control/history.