• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ispep413

ispep413

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

I've imported data by dragging from one Roots Magic file to another. I'm getting REFN numbers when I print a Narrative report. I believe they are the imported reference number. It seems the only way I can get rid of them is to delete the person and reenter all the data.

I'm hoping someone can advise an alternative option.

Thanks in advance

#2 ispep413

ispep413

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:41 PM

I found out how to delete it - its in the Family Note Section. Arrghh

Thanks anyway.

#3 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(ispep413 @ Jun 3 2006, 09:31 PM) View Post

I've imported data by dragging from one Roots Magic file to another. I'm getting REFN numbers when I print a Narrative report. I believe they are the imported reference number. It seems the only way I can get rid of them is to delete the person and reenter all the data.

I'm hoping someone can advise an alternative option.

Thanks in advance

In RM the REFN number is a Fact Type. If the REFN number is being imported then the origination database also has REFN number facts for the individual being imported. To keep the Reference number from being exported/imported go to Lists>Fact type list>highlight the Reference No fact> Edit> in Where do you want to include this fact type? click on Exporting GEDCOM files to eliminate the checkmark. If you do this in the originating database the REFN will not export in the drag and drop process.

QUOTE(ispep413 @ Jun 3 2006, 09:41 PM) View Post

I found out how to delete it - its in the Family Note Section. Arrghh

Thanks anyway.

In this case my reply to the first message won't work. blink.gif

Edited by don, 03 June 2006 - 08:55 PM.