• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 topazcat

topazcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

Good afternoon, I hope someone can help me.

I have FO 6.0 and my data is backed up in my files. Unfortunately, I'm running Windows 2K and cannot reload the program to convert the info to GEDCOM for use in another program.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Topaz

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:33 AM

You didn't say why you couldn't load Family Origins 6 on your Windows 2000 computer.

It should load just fine, as long as you have the original CD.

If you are having trouble exporting a GEDCOM after loading the program on the computer, that is another story, I think.

Family Origins before version 9 had a problem with the NT file system and drives or partitions larger than 2GB. With Windows XP, you can set the program to run in Win 98 compatability mode to overcome this problem. I don't know about Windows 2000 though.

If nothing else seems to work, you can send me a copy of your backup file(s) as an attachment to an email, and I will load it, export a GEDCOM and send that back to you.
Alfred

#3 topazcat

topazcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:40 AM

Thank you for replying.

When I tried to load the program, it would just hang - nothing would happen.

I will try again, just to make sure.

#4 Guest_Deb Montgerard_*

Guest_Deb Montgerard_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:05 PM

My computer crashed and i only have 1 setup disc for 6.0 if anyone has this version and would send me a copy of the setup i would be greatly appreciative. I have all my data on a disc but neet to install the program again.
Thanks alot,
Deb