2 replies to this topic

#1 vlanders

vlanders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:28 AM

I created the report Source List. I don't want to print it, b/c it is just under 200 pages long.

I'm using this report to help me update my sources in my database. I read down the report, and see something I want to fix/modify/add, etc. I close the report and update my database. Now, I have to create the report all over again. Scan report and see something to fix. Close report. Fix database. Create report. etc.

Is there any way I can flip back & forth? Eg. if I could print the report to file, I'd open the file and have RM running at the same time. But the print option seems to be set to automatically print to printer.

Any ideas?

#2 aplucinik

aplucinik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

"Any Ideas"

Yes, send the report to a pdf, rtf, or txt file instead of Screen/Printer. Open the report in Acrobat Reader or a word processor such as Word. Now you can switch back and forth between RM and the Word or PDF document. No need to regenerate the report each time.

#3 vlanders

vlanders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(aplucinik @ Mar 6 2006, 09:57 AM) View Post

"Any Ideas"

Yes, send the report to a pdf, rtf, or txt file instead of Screen/Printer. Open the report in Acrobat Reader or a word processor such as Word. Now you can switch back and forth between RM and the Word or PDF document. No need to regenerate the report each time.

I was about to write back to say this is exactly what I wanted to do but couldn't (because, as I say in my above post, the print option is set to printer). But, I went back and tried again. OF COURSE! <blushes>

The option of where to send the report needs to be set BEFORE creating the report, not at the moment of printing. I knew that. <shakes head> That's what I get for trying to print reports before I am fully awake.

Thanks for the quick reply.