4 replies to this topic

#1 echobob

echobob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:15 PM

Hello,
Like I've said before I'm not very good at explaining what I need. What I'd like is a way to print out, say all the people that come up on the Rootsmagic Explorer. They are all listed in the little box with their birth and death (?) dates but how do I go about printing the list?
I probably haven't explained myself too good so please just ask me if you need to know something else. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for any help,
echobob

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

There is no way to print the RootsMagic Explorer listing, but you can create one.

==========
Reports
Cuctom Report
NEW
Add Field and select:
Name, whichever format you please- Drag it below the line - stretch the field so it will be wide enough.
Birth date- Drag it below the line to the right of name -- it probably doesn't need to be quite as wide as the default.
Death date- to the right of birth date,
Record number, if you want it

You can click on Options to set the way it is sorted and a few other things

SAVE
give your report a name,

Close

Click create
Now select the people to include in the report and where to send it, a file or directly to the screen/Printer

That's about it.
Alfred

#3 echobob

echobob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

Hello Alfred,
Thank you for replying to my question. Don't know why it says, "Way to Print Names from Rootsweb" as I had RootsMagic in my email.
I will try doing the names list the way you said. Let you know later.

echobob

#4 echobob

echobob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(Alfred @ Mar 4 2006, 04:17 PM) View Post

There is no way to print the RootsMagic Explorer listing, but you can create one.

==========
Reports
Cuctom Report
NEW
Add Field and select:
Name, whichever format you please- Drag it below the line - stretch the field so it will be wide enough.
Birth date- Drag it below the line to the right of name -- it probably doesn't need to be quite as wide as the default.
Death date- to the right of birth date,
Record number, if you want it

You can click on Options to set the way it is sorted and a few other things

SAVE
give your report a name,

Close

Click create
Now select the people to include in the report and where to send it, a file or directly to the screen/Printer

That's about it.

Hello Alfred,
I tried making my list the way you had said but this is what I really want. Like as if I go to our last name and I'm wishing I had or could make a list of all those with the surname that we have. Then when I go online and see a surname like ours I could just look at the list in-
stead of having to go to the RootsMagic and looking for the name that way. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
echobob rolleyes.gif

#5 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

OK, Instead of reporting on the whole database, just report on selected people, Click the Mark People button at the top left of the selection screen, then choose "Select people by data fields".
Surname -- Equals --- SMITH (or whatever)

If it could be spelled differently add other lines

OR -- Surname --- Equals -- Smythe
OR -- etc.

You can even set the options to sort on first name since all of the surnames will be the same.
Alfred