4 replies to this topic

#1 jonwstewart

jonwstewart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

For Roots Magic programmers:

I have found that your feature allowing users to create Ancestry Charts and post them to a website is a very useful way to share one's direct line of ancestors with relatives, friends.

Even more useful, perhaps, would be a feature allowing users to create Descendant Charts, from selected early ancestors. The advantage would be that researchers of different branches of a root family tree would be able to view the related branches as well. In my case, I have been working closely with three other researchers over the past several years to clarify the genealogy of a mutual ancestor. It would be wonderful to be able to share a common database stemming from that single ancestor, in chart form, containing photos.

Your publishing feature comes close, but does not provide the visual simplicity, and inclusion of photos, that a Descendants Chart would.

If this idea makes sense from a programming point of view, I hope Roots Web will consider it.

Sincerely,

Jon W. Stewart
jonws@verizon.net

#2 lmparks6838

lmparks6838

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

I would like to second this request!

Linda

#3 riceridge

riceridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

When I click on a name and ask for their descendants I get a very nice chart with them at the top and the descendant’s stepped back as they go down with their sex, birth, death dates along with their LDS ordnances information. When I try to print this chart it will not print, nor can I find a report with the information on descendents with LDS information on it.

Dale

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:09 PM

Reports . Lists > Descendant list,
Output to Screen/printer, RTF, PDF ot TXT files.

But it isn't a web page. as the first request on this thread.
Alfred

#5 msbrown

msbrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(jonwstewart @ Jan 25 2006, 07:07 PM) View Post

For Roots Magic programmers:

I have found that your feature allowing users to create Ancestry Charts and post them to a website is a very useful way to share one's direct line of ancestors with relatives, friends.

Even more useful, perhaps, would be a feature allowing users to create Descendant Charts, from selected early ancestors. The advantage would be that researchers of different branches of a root family tree would be able to view the related branches as well. In my case, I have been working closely with three other researchers over the past several years to clarify the genealogy of a mutual ancestor. It would be wonderful to be able to share a common database stemming from that single ancestor, in chart form, containing photos.

Your publishing feature comes close, but does not provide the visual simplicity, and inclusion of photos, that a Descendants Chart would.

If this idea makes sense from a programming point of view, I hope Roots Web will consider it.

Sincerely,

Jon W. Stewart
jonws@verizon.net